Friday, April 9, 2010

Embryo Transfer

Today I am going to be getting 2 embryo's implanted. I did what the nurse told me to do. Went to the bathroom around 10:00AM and drank 20-24 oz of water between that time and 10:30AM. They called me in and had me sign some paperwork saying that I am saying it is ok to implant me with the embryo's. You want to make sure that you ask them who's embryo's they are transferring. They should have the name of your Intended Parents on the paper you are signing. After that I got on the table and we were off. The doctor had to clean the cervix with some pink stuff that I don't remember the name. Then he took a catheter like syringe and placed it in the tip of my uterous. I was watching the entire time on the ultrasound they had going. Then after he had the correct placement. He signaled the other doctor who was handling the embryo's. She handed him a syringe which he replaced the tip with the one that was already placed in my uterous. Then he squised the syringe and placed the embryo's. He gave the syringe back to the other doctor and she made sure that the embryo's were not still in the syringe. None of this hurt at all. Basiclly it was like a long PAP smear. The only thing that bothered me was that they had the ultrasound wand on my belly and she was pushing on my bladder that was full. Other than that no big deal. After that they wanted me to keep my head on my pillow and they pulled me to the top of the bed and put a blanket on me and told me that I needed to lay there for 30 mins. After the 30 mins my buzzer went off and the nurse did not come back in the room so I laid there for 9 more minutes even though I needed to go to the bathroom really bad. So I just got off the table and went to the restroom. Once I was finished the nurse had come into the room. She gave me my shot that I need to do daily and then I left. She gave me instructions on things not to do. Pretty much just take it easy so I ate some lunch and drove home. Then I rented some movies and sat on the couch the rest of the day. I am so excited and I hope these little babies decide to stay a while.


No comments:

Post a Comment