Friday, December 17, 2010

Birth Day for the Twins



After I started going to the doctor in June we have had no complications and just regular doctor checkups. Also we had a million ultrasounds but other than that it was a normal pregnancy. I went into labor actually the night before I was going to be induce. Dec. 16th Thurs. but I did not go to the hospital because I was not sure if they were real contractions or not because they were so far apart. So I waiting for my appointment at the hospital the next day. So I went in at 7:30AM and my doctor arrived about an hour later. She checked to see how far a long I was and I was 7 cm dialated. She broke my water for the first twin and then I receive an epidural. It took me till about 2PM before I reached 10cm. They put me in the operating room just in case we would have to do an emergancy c-section. The babies had been in the correct position for me to be able to have them vaginally which is what I was hoping for. So I started pushing. Twin A came came out 10-15 mins of pushing. Twin B then was pushed into a horizontal position. So head was not down nor were the feet. She was laying sideways. So my doctor had to push on my stomach to change her position. She was able to get the head down and so I was able to push Twin B out but it took about 30 mins of pushing. But they both came out no problems Twin A was 6 lbs 2 oz and Twin B 6 lbs 4 oz. They are both female. The parents named them Christina and Katie. They just had flown in from California the day before. They were thrilled and happy about the new twins. I am excited that I was able to give the twins a great start in life. I was able to hold them for 39 weeks and they were a wonderful weight for twins. They were only in the hospital for 2 days same as I was. Good luck parents you are going to have your hands full.

No comments:

Post a Comment